"Yoga does not change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees" B.K.S Iyengar
This short 5 Elements quiz will give you a suggestion of exercises balancing your current mood.
Make note of ALL options that apply.
Do you currently feel:
1. Angry, impatient, irritated
2. Too excited, dispersed, ungrounded
3. Apathetic, worried, not able to take action
4. Stiff in the body, rigid in mind, sad, obsessed with perfection
5. Anxious, scared, overthinking
6. Balanced and happy
1. You feel too much Wood, so try Metal: working on flexibility in static poses while keeping your body actively contracted, walking meditation in start- stop mode (move, stop, move, stop, breathe in, pause, breathe out, pause).
2. You feel too much Fire, so try Water: any moving exercises when your movements will be gracious, fluid and effortless, natural breathing.
3. You feel too much Earth, so try Wood: any vigorous exercises with energetic, springy movements, deep breathing connected to bouncing moves.
4. You feel too much Metal, so try Fire: ungrounded exercises, like balances and inversions, exercising for fun.
5. You feel too much Water, so try Earth: slow and grounded exercises (like restorative yoga), forward folds, steady breathing without changes of pace.
6. Lucky you - go on with anything that feels right at the moment!
Try my balanced yoga classes in AUM studios in Budapest - book here (bottom of the page).
Looking for private youga teacher in Budapest - message me!